Photography Courses & Workshops
Focus On: Black & White Film Photography
Saturday 14th October 17 - Saturday 28th October 17
With our own photographic history being built on black & white film, we recognise the importance of this medium and how these skills link to digital photography, from picture taking to post production and the final print.
This course will be run over 3 x three hour sessions starting with picture taking, through to the editing and processing, and finishing with high quality printing. We also look at composition and taking images in full frame capturing the entire scene and obtaining correct exposure and metering techniques. The image taking skills are mirrored by our post production learning.
What You Will Need
- No requirements. We provide all of the equipment and materials. Though, you can bring your own camera.
What You Will Learn
- Understanding the composition, focusing, metering and exposure when picture taking.
- How to correctly process a roll of black & white film.
- Choosing the correct film for the correct picture taking.
- Looking at ISO levels and grain in film and how to use them.
- Looking at various types of paper, from graded fibre based paper to multigrade resin coated paper.
- How to print in tonal ranges and grade levels, and techniques such as pre flashing paper and split grade printing.
- How to produce exhibition quality prints.
For more information contact Conor at