Photography Courses & Workshops
Focus On: Wet Plate Collodion Advanced
Saturday 24th June 17
Wet Plate Collodion is a 19th century photography process of creating images on glass or metal plates. This one day, intensive workshop will let you relive the excitement experienced by the pioneers of photography. Following on from the 'Beginner' course, each participant will spend the duration of this 'Advanced' course shooting and processing their own, unique ambrotypes, from start to finish, and in the end should produce several plates.
What You Will Need
- Mid level knowledge of photography is recommended.
- Equipment and materials are provided.
- Participants must have completed a 'Focus On: Wet Plate Collodion Beginner' course, or have previous experience and knowledge in wet plate collodion techniques, preparation and production.
What Will You Learn
- Individual guidance with the process; trouble shooting. You will work with 4x5’’ large format cameras with use of natural and artificial light.
- You will improve on your previously acquired knowledge and techniques, becoming more comfortable and familiar with the entire process
- Participants will spend the duration of the course preparing and producing wet plates, and should expect to take home 8-12 plates.
For more information contact Conor at