Photography Courses & Workshops
Self-Portrait Workshop with Jane Cummins
Saturday 3rd February 18 - Saturday 17th February 18
Jane Cummins, the winner of the first annual Belfast Exposed Graduate Award, undertook a residency in Gallery 2 and two work-in-progress exhibitions throughout September, October and November 2017.
Jane will deliver a three-day workshop exploring self-portraiture. During the first session, Jane will provide an introduction to self-portraiture and discuss her own practice alongside other artists and photographers working in that field. Participants will take part in an outdoor photo-shoot using a medium format camera.
On the second day, the group will view and critique their self-portraits through an informal crit session, before being introduced to the studio and undertaking a studio photo-shoot.
During the third and final session, the group will critique their studio self-portraits, and will edit and select a number of images from the two weeks of photographs. The group will then curate and install a group exhibition of works created over the course of the workshop.
What You Will Need
- Mid level knowledge of photography is recommended.
- Equipment and materials are provided.
What Will You Learn
- Experience and knowledge on self-portraiture.
- How to use a medium format camera.
- Experience in both outdoor and studio photo-shoots.
- How to create a basic studio lighting setup.
- How to view, analyse and critique a photograph.
- How to edit, curate and install an exhibition.
For more information contact Conor at