2016 - Our Year In Review
2016 has been a very busy year at Belfast Exposed, a year where we had:
- 12 exhibitions in our Contemporary and Futures Galleries.
- 66 Community Engagement groups.
- We have won 15 awards through our community groups, with 1 exhibition being shown in the Tate Modern, London.
- 46 public Training Courses.
- Our first Young Futures programme.
- Our Photography Summer Scheme.
- The second Belfast Photo Festival Youth Edition.
- An exhibition of Belfast Exposed Futures artists at Peckham 24 as part of Photo London.
- Represented artists as part of a major exhibition ‘View Ireland' examining Irish photography at Landskrona Fotofestival, Sweden.
- Continued development of the Belfast Exposed Futures programme supporting a selection of the most exciting early career artists from across the island of Ireland through exhibitions, career development opportunities and international partnerships.
- We attended many international exhibitions, festivals and fairs including Unseen Photo Fair, Photobook Bristol, Brighton Photo Biennial, and were invited to take part in portfolio reviews at Photo Espana, Madrid and Les Rencontres d’Arles
...and many more workshops, talks and events!
Here is a selection of just some of our highlights from 2016.