Belfast Exposed ‘Futures Artists’ is a career development and mentoring programme for artists and photographers in post-education or early stages of embarking on their photographic career. It is tailored to support the development and presentation of new work by professional mentoring, promotional opportunities, exhibitions and publications.
In light of the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, Belfast Exposed has changed the initial phase of the Futures Artist programme We want to reassure you this will not affect your application. As an interim measure Belfast Exposed are developing new strategies for working remotely and intend to interview shortlisted candidates through online channels such as Skype, Facetime and Google hangout.
Due to social distancing and self-isolation measures implemented due to COVID-19, in the initial phase, our ‘Futures Artists’ career development and mentoring programme will be delivered online. Belfast Exposed are currently in discussion with photographic centres across the UK who want to contribute to supporting Belfast Exposed ‘Futures Artists’ to help successful candidates.
Selected artists will benefit from the following:
- Mentorship with a specialist photographer in their field.
- A bespoke programme of experts and consultants to support career planning, develop a 5-year artistic plan and a 2-year business/marketing plan.
- A tailored research and critical debate programme.
- Financial support that could go towards for research, production costs and artists/curator fees.
- A significant solo exhibition (aligned with an established artist or photographer exhibiting in our main gallery).
- Dedicated marketing activities promoting you and your work.
- An exhibition showcase in Belfast Photo Festival 2020.
- Inclusion in a Belfast Exposed ‘Futures Artists’ catalogue.
- Inclusion in a network of photographic excellence.
Who can apply?
- Artists and photographers, from UK & Ireland, in post-education or early stages of embarking on their photographic career.
How to apply?
- You can apply by downloading and completing the application form and monitoring form below. Please contact Johnny if you require more information: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submission closes Thursday 30th April.
- Applicants notified of results Friday 15th May.
‘Belfast Exposed Futures – Career Development & Mentoring Programme’ is generously supported the Foyle Foundation, Arts Council of Northern Ireland and Belfast City Council.