Creating a Photobook (Online)Courses
About The Course
The three-week ‘Creating a Photobook’ course, developed and delivered by photographer Christopher Barr, will guide you through the process of creating a contemporary photobook. This course will cover initial ideas, photographic terminology, editing and sequencing, publishing and marketing, printing and binding, expectations of production costs, and other issues you may encounter when producing a photobook. During the course there will be a guest speaker discussing the joys and follies of their photobooks.
The course will take place in Belfast Exposed's studio, though you will use an online platform to upload and share your photographs throughout the course. We will provide instructions and one-to-one support for participants who need help accessing the online platform (Padlet).What you will need
- A body of photographic work in the form of a portfolio, project or series.
- Access to Padlet (desktop/mobile app) to upload and share your photographs with the tutor. Padlet is very user-friendly, and we can provide one-to-one support if you require any assistance in using the app.
- An insight into the world of photobooks.
- The steps to create a well-considered photobook.
- How to edit, select and sequence your images
- Participant lead discussion and critique
- The process and details from paper choices to printing options.
- Publishing and marketing – how to get your photobook out there.
- Guest speaker (20-minute show and tell).
For more information contact Conor at email@example.com
Sign Up for the Course
This course has already taken place.
We have 30 years experience delivering practical training courses enabling students to develop and grow as photographers. Our photography training structure has 4 stages, where students progress through each stage, developing their skills and understanding of photography. Participants may begin their journey at any stage.
We also offer one-day specialist Focus On workshops. Alternatively, if you would like a Bespoke training course, we can create a one-to-one training experience for you.
Stage 1 is an introduction to digital photography, designed both for beginners and those wishing to refresh previous knowledge.
Stage 2 is for those who want to further develop their knowledge and practice of photography, and provides the opportunity to have your work reviewed by one of the Belfast Exposed tutors.
Stage 3 will help you develop your personal style, confidence and technique, by experimenting with a number of specialist themes and practices. We offer Stage 3 courses specialising in Street, Portrait, Landscape and Documentary photography. your work reviewed by one of the Belfast Exposed tutors.
Stage 4 is an extensive, advanced level course designed for photographers with a keen interest in moving into a career or education in photography.