Focus On: Printing Your Black & White NegativesCourses
About The Course
Earlybird £70 - Expires 17th April
Learn how to get the best out of your previously taken black and white negatives in a full-day hands on session aimed at understanding the potential of black and white photographic printing.What you will need
- You must bring your own 35mm processed negatives.
- Process your roll of film to contact sheets.
- Produce an edit from your contact sheet.
- How to achieve the correct exposure and tonal range of your print and how to enhance certain aspects of the image.
- Set the correct printing grade and split grade.
- Pre-Flashing the paper and printing on different papers (e.g resin, coated, single grade, multigrade and fibre papers)
- Gain knowledge of printing with traditional black and white darkroom techniques.
For more information contact Conor at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sign up for the Course
This course has already taken place.
We have 30 years experience delivering practical training courses enabling students to develop and grow as photographers. Our photography training structure has 4 stages, where students progress through each stage, developing their skills and understanding of photography. Participants may begin their journey at any stage.
We also offer one-day specialist Focus On workshops. Alternatively, if you would like a Bespoke training course, we can create a one-to-one training experience for you.
Stage 1 is an introduction to digital photography, designed both for beginners and those wishing to refresh previous knowledge.
Stage 2 is for those who want to further develop their knowledge and practice of photography, and provides the opportunity to have your work reviewed by one of the Belfast Exposed tutors.
Stage 3 will help you develop your personal style, confidence and technique, by experimenting with a number of specialist themes and practices. We offer Stage 3 courses specialising in Street, Portrait, Landscape and Documentary photography. your work reviewed by one of the Belfast Exposed tutors.
Stage 4 is an extensive, advanced level course designed for photographers with a keen interest in moving into a career or education in photography.