Level 1: Introduction To Your Digital CameraCourses
About The Course
This practical, hands-on course is designed both for beginners and those wishing to refresh previous knowledge.
You will get an introduction to your camera’s manual controls, focusing on how to control aperture, shutter speed and ISO to correctly expose your photographs. This course will also enable you to apply a practical and theoretical knowledge to help you use a digital camera effectively and creatively.What you will need
- A digital camera with manual controls.
- How to work your camera in full manual mode.
- How to use aperture, shutter speed and ISO to create the correct exposure for a given photograph.
- How to use aperture to control the depth of field (the area in focus) and whether to use a shallow or large depth of field depending on the scene.
- How to use shutter speed to either freeze the subject or capture motion in your photograph.
- How to use ISO to change the sensor’s sensitivity to light, to either brighten or darken the photograph.
- How to use exposure compensation, and tips and techniques for interesting compositions.
For more information contact Conor at email@example.com
Sign Up for the Course
This course has already taken place.
We have 30 years experience delivering practical training courses enabling students to develop and grow as photographers. Our photography training structure has 4 stages, where students progress through each stage, developing their skills and understanding of photography. Participants may begin their journey at any stage.
We also offer one-day specialist Focus On workshops. Alternatively, if you would like a Bespoke training course, we can create a one-to-one training experience for you.
Stage 1 is an introduction to digital photography, designed both for beginners and those wishing to refresh previous knowledge.
Stage 2 is for those who want to further develop their knowledge and practice of photography, and provides the opportunity to have your work reviewed by one of the Belfast Exposed tutors.
Stage 3 will help you develop your personal style, confidence and technique, by experimenting with a number of specialist themes and practices. We offer Stage 3 courses specialising in Street, Portrait, Landscape and Documentary photography. your work reviewed by one of the Belfast Exposed tutors.
Stage 4 is an extensive, advanced level course designed for photographers with a keen interest in moving into a career or education in photography.