Level 2: Develop Your Photography SkillsCourses
About The Course
This practical, hands-on course is designed for beginners, those wishing to refresh previous knowledge, and those who have completed ‘Level 1: Introduction To Your Digital Camera’.
You will learn new camera settings and develop your photography skills, focusing on how to use white balance, metering, bracketing, focusing, histogram and more. This course will also enable you to apply a practical and theoretical knowledge to help you use a digital camera effectively and creatively.What you will need
- A digital camera with manual controls.
- We recommend you complete ‘Level 1: Introduction To Your Digital Camera’.
- A quick refresh of the exposure triangle taught in ‘Introduction To Your Digital Camera’.
- Which white balance setting to select in specific lighting situations to make the photograph warmer or cooler.
- How to choose the correct metering mode to control the exposure in unusual light situations by measuring the amount of light entering the camera.
- How to use bracketing to take multiple photographs of the same scene, resulting in one image using the current settings and the rest underexposed and overexposed.
- Which focusing mode to choose in specific situations to ensure the subject is sharp, whether it is still, moving or difficult to focus on.
- The ability to understand your camera’s histogram as a graphical representation of the tonal values of your photograph.
- An introduction to your camera’s flash, filters and file formats.
For more information contact Conor at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sign Up for the Course
We have 30 years experience delivering practical training courses enabling students to develop and grow as photographers. Our photography training structure has 4 stages, where students progress through each stage, developing their skills and understanding of photography. Participants may begin their journey at any stage.
We also offer one-day specialist Focus On workshops. Alternatively, if you would like a Bespoke training course, we can create a one-to-one training experience for you.
Stage 1 is an introduction to digital photography, designed both for beginners and those wishing to refresh previous knowledge.
Stage 2 is for those who want to further develop their knowledge and practice of photography, and provides the opportunity to have your work reviewed by one of the Belfast Exposed tutors.
Stage 3 will help you develop your personal style, confidence and technique, by experimenting with a number of specialist themes and practices. We offer Stage 3 courses specialising in Street, Portrait, Landscape and Documentary photography. your work reviewed by one of the Belfast Exposed tutors.
Stage 4 is an extensive, advanced level course designed for photographers with a keen interest in moving into a career or education in photography.