Level 2: Printing Your NegativesCourses
About The Course
Learn how to get the best out of your previously taken black and white negatives in a hands-on session aimed at understanding the potential of black and white photographic printing. It is for those who have completed or are already familiar with the topics covered in ‘Level 1: Black & White Photography’.
This course will teach you advanced techniques to produce high quality prints from your processed negatives. You will learn how to achieve the correct exposure and tonal range of your print, how to set the correct printing and split grades, how to pre-flash the paper, and an overview of the different papers available for printing.What you will need
- You must bring your own processed 35mm negatives.
- We recommend you complete ‘Level 1: Black & White Photography’.
- Process your roll of film to contact sheets.
- Produce an edit from your contact sheets.
- How to achieve the correct exposure and tonal range of your print and how to enhance certain aspects of the image.
- Set the correct printing grade and split grade.
- Pre-Flashing the paper and printing on different papers (e.g. resin, coated, single grade, multigrade and fibre papers).
- Gain knowledge of printing with traditional black and white darkroom techniques.
For more information contact Conor at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sign Up for the Course
We have 30 years experience delivering practical training courses enabling students to develop and grow as photographers. Our photography training structure has 4 stages, where students progress through each stage, developing their skills and understanding of photography. Participants may begin their journey at any stage.
We also offer one-day specialist Focus On workshops. Alternatively, if you would like a Bespoke training course, we can create a one-to-one training experience for you.
Stage 1 is an introduction to digital photography, designed both for beginners and those wishing to refresh previous knowledge.
Stage 2 is for those who want to further develop their knowledge and practice of photography, and provides the opportunity to have your work reviewed by one of the Belfast Exposed tutors.
Stage 3 will help you develop your personal style, confidence and technique, by experimenting with a number of specialist themes and practices. We offer Stage 3 courses specialising in Street, Portrait, Landscape and Documentary photography. your work reviewed by one of the Belfast Exposed tutors.
Stage 4 is an extensive, advanced level course designed for photographers with a keen interest in moving into a career or education in photography.