Level 3: Documentary PhotographyCourses
About The Course
This practical, hands-on course is designed for intermediates, and those who have completed or are already familiar with the topics covered in ‘Level 1: Introduction To Your Digital Camera’ and ‘Level 2: Develop Your Photography Skills’.
Documentary photography follows a single topic or story in-depth over time, as opposed to photojournalism’s real-time coverage of breaking news and events. By deepening our understanding and emotional connection to stories, documentary photography can capture and sustain public attention, and mobilise people around pressing social and human rights issues.
The course offers contextual knowledge together with the technical skills and project planning skills. The course will cover all areas of documentary photography, from its origins and working photographers to setting challenges for each participant to think about their photography and the development of their project.What you will need
- A digital camera with manual controls, or film camera.
- We recommend you complete ‘Level 1: Introduction To Your Digital Camera’ and ‘Level 2: Develop Your Photography Skills’.
- Gain knowledge of documentary photography, its origins and working photographers.
- How to start and plan a documentary project.
- The technical, conceptual, environmental and visual skills required for documentary photography.
- How to develop a substantial portfolio of professional standard work with the help and guidance of the Belfast Exposed tutors.
- How to go about self-publishing your completed project.
For more information contact Conor at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sign Up for the Course
We have 30 years experience delivering practical training courses enabling students to develop and grow as photographers. Our photography training structure has 4 stages, where students progress through each stage, developing their skills and understanding of photography. Participants may begin their journey at any stage.
We also offer one-day specialist Focus On workshops. Alternatively, if you would like a Bespoke training course, we can create a one-to-one training experience for you.
Stage 1 is an introduction to digital photography, designed both for beginners and those wishing to refresh previous knowledge.
Stage 2 is for those who want to further develop their knowledge and practice of photography, and provides the opportunity to have your work reviewed by one of the Belfast Exposed tutors.
Stage 3 will help you develop your personal style, confidence and technique, by experimenting with a number of specialist themes and practices. We offer Stage 3 courses specialising in Street, Portrait, Landscape and Documentary photography. your work reviewed by one of the Belfast Exposed tutors.
Stage 4 is an extensive, advanced level course designed for photographers with a keen interest in moving into a career or education in photography.