Level 3: Documentary PhotographyCourses
About The Course
This practical, hands-on course is designed for intermediates, and those who have completed or are already familiar with the topics covered in ‘Level 1: Introduction To Your Digital Camera’ and ‘Level 2: Develop Your Photography Skills’.
Documentary photography seeks to capture real-life events as they occur and communicate these events through photography to a wider audience. The images aim to inform the viewer of a place or time in history, bringing a truthful representation of events. Using the Belfast Exposed archive as a catalyst, the course offers contextual knowledge together with the technical skills and project planning skills. The course will cover all areas of documentary photography, from its origins and working photographers to setting challenges for each participant to think about their photography and the development of their project.What you will need
- A digital camera with manual controls.
- We recommend you complete ‘Level 1: Introduction To Your Digital Camera’ and ‘Level 2: Develop Your Photography Skills’.
- Gain knowledge of documentary photography, its origins and working photographers.
- Gain an insight into Belfast Exposed’s archive - historical images which document the social and political changes throughout the Troubles in Belfast and Northern Ireland.
- How to start a documentary project, such as location and environmental portraits that tell a story, and establishing shots that set the scene, these can be great starting points.
- The technical skills and project planning skills required for documentary photography.
For more information contact Conor at email@example.com
Sign Up for the Course
This course has already taken place.
We have 30 years experience delivering practical training courses enabling students to develop and grow as photographers. Our photography training structure has 4 stages, where students progress through each stage, developing their skills and understanding of photography. Participants may begin their journey at any stage.
We also offer one-day specialist Focus On workshops. Alternatively, if you would like a Bespoke training course, we can create a one-to-one training experience for you.
Stage 1 is an introduction to digital photography, designed both for beginners and those wishing to refresh previous knowledge.
Stage 2 is for those who want to further develop their knowledge and practice of photography, and provides the opportunity to have your work reviewed by one of the Belfast Exposed tutors.
Stage 3 will help you develop your personal style, confidence and technique, by experimenting with a number of specialist themes and practices. We offer Stage 3 courses specialising in Street, Portrait, Landscape and Documentary photography. your work reviewed by one of the Belfast Exposed tutors.
Stage 4 is an extensive, advanced level course designed for photographers with a keen interest in moving into a career or education in photography.