Level 3: Studio PhotographyCourses
About The Course
This practical, hands-on course is designed for intermediates, and those who have completed or are already familiar with the topics covered in ‘Level 1: Introduction To Your Digital Camera’ and ‘Level 2: Develop Your Photography Skills’.
You will gain knowledge of studio lighting setups and techniques to enable you to take quality studio images from family portraits and stylish fashion shots, to interesting still lifes and eye-catching products. You will learn how to set up the lights and various lighting techniques that you can easily replicate in your home as the cost of studio lighting has fallen dramatically.What you will need
- A digital camera with manual controls, or film camera.
- We recommend you complete ‘Level 1: Introduction To Your Digital Camera’ and ‘Level 2: Develop Your Photography Skills’.
- Gain knowledge of studio lighting setups and techniques to use in portrait and product photography.
- Perform the lighting controls by correctly using the model light and flash lighting.
- Learn the following light setups: high key lighting, low key lighting, broad lighting, short lighting, butterfly lighting, and fill lighting.
- How to create soft, flattering light for the subject in your portrait.
- How to correctly compose your portrait or product photograph.
For more information contact Conor at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sign Up for the Course
We have 30 years experience delivering practical training courses enabling students to develop and grow as photographers. Our photography training structure has 4 stages, where students progress through each stage, developing their skills and understanding of photography. Participants may begin their journey at any stage.
We also offer one-day specialist Focus On workshops. Alternatively, if you would like a Bespoke training course, we can create a one-to-one training experience for you.
Stage 1 is an introduction to digital photography, designed both for beginners and those wishing to refresh previous knowledge.
Stage 2 is for those who want to further develop their knowledge and practice of photography, and provides the opportunity to have your work reviewed by one of the Belfast Exposed tutors.
Stage 3 will help you develop your personal style, confidence and technique, by experimenting with a number of specialist themes and practices. We offer Stage 3 courses specialising in Street, Portrait, Landscape and Documentary photography. your work reviewed by one of the Belfast Exposed tutors.
Stage 4 is an extensive, advanced level course designed for photographers with a keen interest in moving into a career or education in photography.