Level 4: Design & Develop a Photography ProjectCourses
TutorChris Barr, Mervyn Smyth, Conor O'Brien & Deirdre Robb
DateFirst Thursday of Every Month (October - July)
Time6pm - 9pm
About The Course
This course is designed for those who have completed one or more of the ‘Level 3’ photography courses - which focus on specific subjects to allow participants to develop their own personal style and technique in the process – and those who have the potential to achieve excellence in their field and have a keen interest in pursuing a career or education in photography.
The course is delivered to six participants and consists of ten sessions, taking place over a ten-month period (one session a month). The course consists of a mixture of group sessions, review sessions, and individual mentoring, delivered by Belfast Exposed’s team of tutors and professional photographers. The aim of the ‘Level 4’ course is to help each photographer develop a professional-standard portfolio of work based in his or her chosen area of photography. This portfolio of work could then be used to produce an exhibition, to create a photo book, or as access to higher education and university courses.What you will need
- Participants must have completed a ‘Level 3’ specialist subject course before partaking in the ‘Level 4’ course. Contact email@example.com for more information
- Advanced experience, knowledge and confidence in your chosen photographic field.
- Constructive criticism and feedback through a mixture of group sessions, peer reviews and one-to-one sessions with a specialist mentor.
- Expert experience and guidance through from professional photographers.
- Critical thinking, writing and research to develop and inform your project.
- Explore ways to prepare and plan a photography project.
- Explore ways to curate and present your work to a professional standard.
- Explore ways to print your work to a professional standard.
- How to market and promote your work through social media.
- Discussion around how to apply for funding, and pricing and licensing your work.
- Produce a professional standard photography project.
- Develop the ability and experience to pursue a career or education in photography.
For more information contact Conor at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sign Up for the Course
We have 30 years experience delivering practical training courses enabling students to develop and grow as photographers. Our photography training structure has 4 stages, where students progress through each stage, developing their skills and understanding of photography. Participants may begin their journey at any stage.
We also offer one-day specialist Focus On workshops. Alternatively, if you would like a Bespoke training course, we can create a one-to-one training experience for you.
Stage 1 is an introduction to digital photography, designed both for beginners and those wishing to refresh previous knowledge.
Stage 2 is for those who want to further develop their knowledge and practice of photography, and provides the opportunity to have your work reviewed by one of the Belfast Exposed tutors.
Stage 3 will help you develop your personal style, confidence and technique, by experimenting with a number of specialist themes and practices. We offer Stage 3 courses specialising in Street, Portrait, Landscape and Documentary photography. your work reviewed by one of the Belfast Exposed tutors.
Stage 4 is an extensive, advanced level course designed for photographers with a keen interest in moving into a career or education in photography.