Stage 1: Using Your Digital CameraCourses
About The Course
This practical, hands-on course is designed both for beginners and those wishing to refresh previous knowledge.
You will get an introduction to your camera’s manual controls and will get to know the potential of your camera as well as taking the hit-and-miss out of picture taking. This course will also enable you to apply a practical and theoretical knowledge to help you use a digital camera effectively and creatively.What you will need
- A digital camera with manual controls.
- How to work your camera in full manual exposure mode.
- How to use ISO, shutter speed and aperture to create the correct exposure for a given photograph.
- What white balance and metering settings to use in various situations.
- Exposure compensation and good composition– what makes your images interesting and how to get great creative camera effects.
- Histogram and file formats (RAW + JPEG) explained.
- A basic overview of focusing, flash, lenses and filters.
For more information contact Conor at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sign up for the Course
We have 30 years experience delivering practical training courses enabling students to develop and grow as photographers. Our photography training structure has 4 stages, where students progress through each stage, developing their skills and understanding of photography. Participants may begin their journey at any stage.
We also offer one-day specialist Focus On workshops. Alternatively, if you would like a Bespoke training course, we can create a one-to-one training experience for you.
Stage 1 is an introduction to digital photography, designed both for beginners and those wishing to refresh previous knowledge.
Stage 2 is for those who want to further develop their knowledge and practice of photography, and provides the opportunity to have your work reviewed by one of the Belfast Exposed tutors.
Stage 3 will help you develop your personal style, confidence and technique, by experimenting with a number of specialist themes and practices. We offer Stage 3 courses specialising in Street, Portrait, Landscape and Documentary photography. your work reviewed by one of the Belfast Exposed tutors.
Stage 4 is an extensive, advanced level course designed for photographers with a keen interest in moving into a career or education in photography.