Wet Plate CollodionCourses
About The Course
Wet Plate Collodion is a 19th century photography process of creating images on glass or metal plates. This one day, intensive workshop will let you relive the excitement experienced by the pioneers of photography. Each participant will shoot and process their own unique ambrotypes, from start to finish, and will produce portraits and still lifes.What you will need
- Mid level knowledge of photography is recommended.
- Equipment and materials are provided.
- (Optional) You can bring in any interesting items/objects that you would like to use for the still life photography aspect of the course.
- Overview of the process and its history, the chemicals and equipment needed, the darkroom set up and organization, and safe handling, care and maintenance of chemicals.
- Demonstration of the process (camera set up, pouring a glass plate, sensitisation, exposure, development, fixing and washing).
- Individual guidance with the process; troubleshooting. You will work with 4x5’’ large format cameras with use of natural and artificial light.
- Each student will make several plates, which they take home.
- Demonstration of the varnishing technique.
For more information contact Conor at email@example.com
Sign Up for the Course
This course has already taken place.
We have 30 years experience delivering practical training courses enabling students to develop and grow as photographers. Our photography training structure has 4 stages, where students progress through each stage, developing their skills and understanding of photography. Participants may begin their journey at any stage.
We also offer one-day specialist Focus On workshops. Alternatively, if you would like a Bespoke training course, we can create a one-to-one training experience for you.
Stage 1 is an introduction to digital photography, designed both for beginners and those wishing to refresh previous knowledge.
Stage 2 is for those who want to further develop their knowledge and practice of photography, and provides the opportunity to have your work reviewed by one of the Belfast Exposed tutors.
Stage 3 will help you develop your personal style, confidence and technique, by experimenting with a number of specialist themes and practices. We offer Stage 3 courses specialising in Street, Portrait, Landscape and Documentary photography. your work reviewed by one of the Belfast Exposed tutors.
Stage 4 is an extensive, advanced level course designed for photographers with a keen interest in moving into a career or education in photography.