An exciting opportunity has arisen to join Belfast Exposed and make a vital contribution to this dynamic and unique organisation.To be successful in this role, you’ll generally need the following skills and qualities:
- Communication skills: You are required to be a good communicator, in both oral presentation and the written word as preparing, writing, and editing curatorial texts are a major part of the job.
- Interpersonal skills: have the ability to work independently as well as a team player, and working smoothly and effectively with a wide range of arts professionals, staff, artists and the general public. ,
- Technical skills: must have basic computer and software skills in order to work in the Belfast Exposed database and project management systems
The job requires the ability to perform the following duties:
- Coordinating and corresponding with artists, dealers, lenders, art institutions, and collectors
- Preparing loan forms,
- Formalising contracts with artists
- Curatorial checklists
- Recruitment of volunteers
- Updating and keeping accurate records
- Scheduling the exhibition calendar and
- Managing travel itineraries
- Assisting with exhibition layout plans and installation designs
- Helping with the writing, editing, and researching of exhibition invitations, artist invite packages, catalogue publications, biographic and bibliographic material, wall vinyl’s, press releases, and exhibition handouts/fact sheets
The Assistant Curator will provide support to curatorial projects initiated within Belfast Exposed galleries and off-site locations. This includes gathering and analysing art historical and scholarly texts, visual and object location information, and budgetary data, compiled in order to initiate and implement exhibitions.
For touring exhibitions, you will maintain maintain database, tracks responses, and consult with registrars, curators, and exhibition coordinators at each venue, helping to record all aspects of the exhibition while it is touring.
The job will also include procuring the visual images, captions, credit lines, and rights for printing and publication purposes. It will also support the information requested from the marketing team
Those wishing to apply for this role should download and read the Job Description, and download and complete the Application Form and Monitoring Form and send to Conor (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than 12:00pm Tuesday 24th May 2022.
- Application Deadline: Tuesday 24th May 2022, 12.00pm
- Shortlisted candidates will be notified by Friday 27th May 2022.
- Interviews will be held at Belfast Exposed on Monday 30th May 2022.
- Start Date: Immediate start (depending on employer’s notice requirements)