As part of our long-term strategy for expansion and to continue to support the production and exhibition of world-class visual art, Belfast Exposed is hiring a Senior Curator.
The Senior Curator will be responsible for the development and management of Belfast Exposed Exhibition programmes locally and internationally. This is a key artistic and management position within the organisation and the successful applicant will work closely with the Belfast Exposed CEO to further the depth, breadth and impact of Belfast Exposed photography exhibition programming. It is a senior management role offering significant responsibility and a diverse, in-depth engagement with UK Ireland and international contemporary photography sector.
To be successful in this role, you will need the following skills and qualities:
- Contemporary Photography; you are required to have extensive knowledge in contemporary photography focusing at an international level with local knowledge desirable.
- Ability to attract world-class photography exhibitions to Belfast Exposed and
- Communication skills: you are required to be an excellent communicator, in both oral presentation and the written word as preparing, writing, and editing curatorial texts are a major part of the job.
- Interpersonal skills: have the ability to work independently as well as a team player, and working smoothly and effectively with a wide range of arts professionals, staff, artists and the general public.
- Technical skills: must have good computer and software skills in order to work in the Belfast Exposed database and project management systems.
For more information and to apply, please see the Job Description, Monitoring Form and Belfast Exposed Strategy below.
HOW TO APPLY
Those wishing to apply for this role should send their CV, Expression of Interest addressing the job description and each of the criteria, download and complete the Monitoring Form and send to (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Applications Close Friday 16th June 2023 12:00pm (Noon).